Memcached is a general-purpose distributed memory caching system. It is often used to speed up dynamic database-driven websites by caching data and objects in RAM to reduce the number of times an external data source (such as a database or API) must be read.
Activate Memcache and Memcached from PHP Selector
1) Login into your cPanel account
2) Go to Select PHP version
3) Enable memcache and memcached extensions
For more information about PHP Selector, please refer to the following article .
Activate Memcached server for your account
1) Login to cPanel
2) Click on “Mocha Memcached”
3) Enable Memcached for your cPanel account by clicking on “Enable” button
4) Start Memcached server by clicking on “Start” button
5) Your service is ready, you should make sure that the Memcached status is running as in below example.
6) The next most important thing is path to your Memcached server socket, which should be configured in your applications. Default path is /home/YourUser/memcached.sock, as in above example.
Was this answer helpful?