If you wish to access your MySQL Database on your server remotely, you will need an application such as MySQL Workbench. It is a free tool you can use to connect to your server database from your personal computer.
In order to connect to your database remotely with MySQL Workbench, please follow these steps:
1. Open the MySQL Workbench.
2. Click on "New Connection", located at the bottom left of MySQL Workbench.
3. In the "Set up a New Connection Dialogue" box, type in your database login credentials.
The credentials should look like the following:
- Connection Name: You can name this to whatever name you want. - Connection Method: Standard (TCP/IP). - Hostname: You can use the MySQL server name or you can use your domain. - Port: 3306 - Username: Your cPanel username or the user you have created for the database. - Password: Your cPanel password or the password for the database user you have created. - Default Schema: You can leave this field blank. - Click on "Test Connection".
4. After you have typed in your password, mark the "Save Password in Vault" check box and click Ok.
You should receive a message stating "Connection parameters are correct", click Ok, and then click Ok again to confirm the connection settings you have input so far.
5. In the "SQL Development", you should be able to see your newly created connection under the "Open Connection to Start Querying" box, then select your connection.
6. You should now see your databases list in the area on the left.