What is WHM and why should we purchase it as addition to Linux based VPS or Cloud servers?
WebHost Manager (WHM) is a web-based tool used by LINUX server administrators and resellers to manage hosting accounts on a web server.
WHM listens on ports 2086 and 2087 by default.
VPS & Cloud clients can access their WHM from a browser on the address - > https://yourserverIP:portnumber (for example: https://220.127.116.11:2087 if “18.104.22.168“ is real server IP).
As well as being accessible by the root administrator, WHM is also accessible to users with reseller privileges.
WHM provides the following tools for managing your server:
- Manage your cPanel accounts. (create, delete, edit and suspend)
- Create hosting packages with different features, manage disk and bandwidth quotas
- Manage and monitor your sites.
- Access to server logs.
- Ability to manage all domain DNS zones.
- Simple way to create custom nameserver (ns1.yourdomainname.com & ns2.yourdomainname.com)
- Set all Service Configuration by yourself (Apache configurations, Mail Server configurations, FTP server configurations and etc.)
- We provide you with Backup utility under WHM, from where you will be able to backup your account and set Scheduled backups.
- Access to customize your hosting and control panel with extensive branding.
- Ability to perform System Reboots (Graceful or Forceful Server Reboot). Also access to Restart Services (DNS/Bind Server, FTP Server, HTTP/Apache Server, Mail Server Exim, SQL Server & SSH Server)
- Ability to copy accounts from another cPanel server with one click http://docs1.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/11_30/WHMDocs/CopyAccount
- Simple-to-use script that you can use to update and configure your Apache web server – EasyApache: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vief/EasyApache/WebHome
- Easy integration with your billing and support software https://cpanel.net/developers/integration-options/
NOTE: If you are not enough familiar with Linux servers and SSH access and software management, we recommend you to purchase WHM/cPanel certificate. Unfortunately control panel for VPS & Cloud servers requires additional license which could be purchased from us. The price for WHM/cPanel is 5$ per month for VPS and 15$ per month for Cloud servers.
You can find more information in the WHM official User Guide
or from our LiveChat operators.
We provide you with video tutorials regarding WHM panel management:
1. WHM Reseller Tutorials
2. WHM11 - Account Management Series
3. WHM11 - Services Series
4. WHM11 - Management Series
5. WHM11 - Setup Series